Tuesday 19 January 2010

Gradients






I decided to test the effect of the use of gradient, because I thought that this could be used as a background for a magazine cover, or even perhaps the contents and double spread.
I like the use of the light contrasting with the dark shades, because it gives sense of professionalism (if done right) because it resembles a studio.
Experimenting with gradient gave me ideas of how I could position a spot light from a corner, or centre so that it makes the levels of light uneven, giving a gradient effect. I like the use of monochrome colours also, because this makes the image which will be in front, stand out, and contrast with the greys and whites.

1 comments:

Lily Jones said...

i think these gradients are slightly too heavy! you should stick to the all saints style! it looks really vintage and original! which is compliments your genre really well!xxx

Post a Comment