Friday 8 January 2010

Fonts

Fonts

Looking at fonts was an interesting, and useful task. I learnt which direction I wanted to take my magazine in. Fonts are an important feature in every magazine, because for some covers, they can become iconic, for example the 'RollingStones' font is known world wide. Therefore fonts can contribute to a reputation.

I decided that I wanted to go for a "stencil like" font, because I thought this matched my idea of what I want the magazine to look like. However, when browsing the Internet for fonts, I came across handwritten fonts, which I thought looked effective. Although I liked the handwritten fonts, I think they can sometimes take away from the magazine's classiness, because (depending on the handwriting), it can make the magazine look perhaps scruffy. For the image I have in my mind of my magazine, i think it's best that I stick to the more... bold/stencil look, because I think this says music, more than handwritten fonts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment