Monday 8 February 2010

Other masthead ideas


After asking others what they thought of my font cover, I got some good feedback, and constructive criticism about the fonts of the masthead, so decided to do some further experiments with the colour, and also the font styles. I first tested out the use of gradient inside the font, which I thought looked pretty good, and also shows good use of photoshop. I also added lines over the "Jeremy Stone" text so that it separated it from the rest of the cover, because I think that this is important, so that the reader knows the main subject of the cover, which is Jeremy Stone. After testing the gradients, I went on changing the font style to "braggadocio, which I thought was original, but didn't really look vintage, which is what I was aiming for.
The people who I received feedback from also said that I should photoshop out the brand of boxers, because this could look silly in the final design, so I took their feedback into consideration and photoshopped it out.
Overall I am happy with my draft, because I think that it looks vintage, and original. I am happy with the colour scheme used as well, although I could maybe be more creative with the colour scheme, so that it looks even more original, however I don't want to go too far, and make the magazine look a bit "over the top".

0 comments:

Post a Comment